View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
ksbiewers
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rocky was actually staying with my dog partners son as his pet. We would bring him home when a female was in heat. Her son is now in med school so Rocky came back to live with us. Since Rocky had so much alone time he decided he does not like living with small puppies at all. He is very good with tiny ones but when they start getting out to play Rocky just really does not like it. He feels like they are invading his space. He is not aggressive in any way he just gets up on things and will not come down. He will not eat if they are eating and he just would rather not be around them. Kathy and I both have very busy active households and we know Rocky would be much happier with someone that maybe only has a few litters a year and a few less adults than what have between us. Rocky is very very happy at both of our homes and gets along well with everyone except the 8 to 16 week puppies. You know the stage when they are really really exploring their world and getting into everything and picking on everyone., That's the stage he just does not like!!!

Also I have recently had my right knee replaced and cannot drive. I have had to place my breeding program on hold for at least a year. I have to have the left one done as soon as the doctors say I can. Kathy is taking care of some of my dogs for me until I get a little more stable on my feet. She frankly does not have the space to do all she is doing now. It is difficult to keep Rocky from the puppies when she is overloaded trying to help me during my surgeries.

Thanks
Pam
ksbiewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!