View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
tbellhopkins
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
Ask the breeder how they placed their pups in the past? Someone with 40 yrs in a breed should have a waiting list or at least weekly contacts by phone, vet, friends, family and previous buyers referring buyers to them...if not I would be careful.
YOU must talk to the son before selling anything..and get everything in writing..better yet. I would call him and tell him you can help his mother, but not sell his pups unless he finds the approved hoems....do you know the doors of trouble you can open...say someone gets a sick or genetically unsound pup. They call in 2 weeks wanting their money back, you give it and the son wants it from you because he does not agree the pup was ill or whatever..what if someone gives you a bad check? What is someone has any number of problems and calls you day and night..they are not your puppies and it can get tricky.

PS...I DO NOT care what kind of emergancy a breeder has..you can not go off and leave these things to others...you must stay in daily communication.. who goes off and leaves a housebound mother with a pile of dogs anyway..and ones having puppies??
As far as the Morkies go, he already has buyers for them. It's a matter of collecting funds and shipping the pups. He does not accept checks, Cashier's checks or PP only. He has a waiting list for all but a couple of the Yorkies, but I am assuming he will be home by then, as the pups aren't even born yet. The mother approves all of the health guarantee issues that might arise.

As I said, I am ASSISTING her with most of the transactions, but I will help her find a buyer if one falls through for the morkies. It's not like I am taking over and running his kennel while he is gone. His brother is there to help with feeding and bathing the pups, and with anything his mother might need, and I will go and take the newborns to the vet after they are born.

As for him having to leave...Were my human child in danger as is the case here, I would be hard pressed to not do the exact same thing as he. I love Chuy with all my heart, and I consider him my first born, but if Donovan (my human son) were in the hospital far away, I would leave Chuy in a second to go to him. That is why I am trying to help him. I would hope for the same were I in his situation.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!