View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default puppies

Ask the breeder how they placed their pups in the past? Someone with 40 yrs in a breed should have a waiting list or at least weekly contacts by phone, vet, friends, family and previous buyers referring buyers to them...if not I would be careful.
YOU must talk to the son before selling anything..and get everything in writing..better yet. I would call him and tell him you can help his mother, but not sell his pups unless he finds the approved hoems....do you know the doors of trouble you can open...say someone gets a sick or genetically unsound pup. They call in 2 weeks wanting their money back, you give it and the son wants it from you because he does not agree the pup was ill or whatever..what if someone gives you a bad check? What is someone has any number of problems and calls you day and night..they are not your puppies and it can get tricky.

PS...I DO NOT care what kind of emergancy a breeder has..you can not go off and leave these things to others...you must stay in daily communication.. who goes off and leaves a housebound mother with a pile of dogs anyway..and ones having puppies??

Last edited by YorkieRose; 11-14-2007 at 09:47 AM.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!