Thread: I Need Help!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Kamen
Yorkie Yakker

Default I Need Help!!

I am really embarrassed to ask this, but then again this is totally not my fault. You see my fiance and I are currently renting a condo and today some guy from Comerica Bank came to the door looking for the landlord. Apparently she hasn't paid the mortgage on the place it quite some time and he is trying desperetly to get a hold of her ASAP. He wasn't supposed to tell me this, but he said that if she cannot come up with however much she owes in 9 days the bank is repossesing the house and evicting anyone who lives there. He has tried calling her home and cell and mailing her at her address and she has failed to contact him back. This is so unfair to my fiance and I because we pay our rent on time along with our other bills and now basically have a week to find a new place or pray to God our landlord pays off her back debt. Great timing with the holidays around the corner eh?

So my question is, what can be done on our end to prevent this? Or is there nothing we can do except pack like crazy people and find a new home in 9 days time. Also what legal actions can be done on our end towards our landlord for putting us in this position? I feel we should have at least been notified that there was an issue and to be completely blindsided like this is so wrong in many ways. I literally feel sick to my stomach and want to just cry. I am in freak out panic mode right now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!