View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
Misti1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I was visiting a girlfriend in Little Rock when we passed a business called ARKY Barky....
"what's that? Let's go see"

The place had closed and relocated, but I could not get it out of my mind. I called when I got back to Memphis and asked if they had any yorkies (was in the market for one for daughter). I also asked how much they were.
"We don't quote prices on the phone."

So on my next visit I got girlfriend to take me to the new location.

"do you have a little girl"

Yes, sit down in this rocking chair.

They brought her to me, I looked at her, she looked at me, and went for my hoop earring to chew on it. That pretty much did it, but still I walked away.

The rest of the day was a blur. Lunch at some awful chinese buffet, going here and there. All day the words "A 100.00 deposit will take her off the floor and you can finance her." rang in my head.

Later in the day, I whipped out my ATM card, called and put the deposit down.

Have her ready to ride in the morning, we are headed back to Memphis.

The next day she was placed behind my neck up on the arm rest of the car. She put her little head on my shoulder, and looked at me as if to say "Are you my new Mommie?'

I told her that I was the grandmother, but I would love her, as her Mommie would.

My daughter had NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea. When I got home I had the tiny package behind my back in one hand.

I spoke to her, then brought my hand around.

Amber starred at my hand to see if it was a toy or real. Mika moved, and my daughter's jaws flew open. She's yours, I said.

My daughter reached for her and plopped down on the kitchen floor with a OH MY GOD MOM!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been lover ever since.
Misti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!