View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
It is definately something that you don't want to overdo. It is good for puppies who aren't eating but for puppies who are, it is probably not necessary. How often does your puppy eat? Is he hypoglycemic? I have just read before that it is empty calories. It is basically glorified sugar something or other and I wouldn't personally give it unless I had to. I am sure other people have other opinions though...
This is correct. Nutrical is meant for hypoglcyemia, NOT as a supplement - it is a dense, caloric, sugary substance beefed up w/ a few other things. It really does not have nutritional value - it is intended to arrest sudden drops in blood sugar.

The only other time it's recommended is when you first take a puppy home from the breeder - and the puppy is stressed (therefore, more prone to blood sugar dropouts), it can help to give the puppy Nutrical at bedtime (bc of the long time btwn feedings) - and first thing in the morning IF the puppy seems "shaky".

It is not meant for helping picky eaters - and I'm not sure how it would help that in any way....?

What exactly are you trying to "supplement" - bc there may be some really great recommendations other than Nutrical (and maybe easier to find for you).

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 11-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!