View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #13
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

I am so sorry that you are going through this right now It is good that he is seeking help though - that is the first step to a better life for you and him both.

My sister's husband was addicted to drugs (not meth though) years ago, but he has been clean for about 10 years now. I can tell you from knowing what went on with him, that is a very LONG road and it will be hard, I'm not going to lie about that. The best thing you can possibly do though, is to be there for him, and support him 100%, and that too, will be hard. It sounds like you are already doing that though which is wonderful

There were many, many times that my sister almost left her husband, as he bounced back and forth. He would do great for a while - and then he would run into an old friend (who was a user) and he'd be back at it again. The cycle repeated itself for many, many years - but she was with him through it ALL...every step of the way. And even though she thought about it many times, she never gave up on him. Our whole family told her that she was stupid for staying, and that she could make a better life for herself without him, but again, she never gave up.

As I said, he has been clean for about 10 years now and their marriage is stronger than ever. They go to church every Sunday and are both very Christian people. He is a better husband and father now that he has ever been.

Please try and keep strong, even when times are at their very worst. Your husband needs you more now than you will ever know, even if he may not show it. Have faith in the Lord and believe in your husband with all that you have. Things WILL get better

I will be saying a prayer for both of you

They have us wrapped around their little paws!

Last edited by stedmansmommy; 11-13-2007 at 09:24 PM.
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!