View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
myteddybear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm sorry, I do know exactly what you are going through. In what seems like a whole different lifetime ago (about 22 years ago now) when I was just 17 I fell in love (or so I thought) with my high school sweetheart. I got pregnant and we moved in together in his fathers basement. He had had a horrible life with his mother I won't get into all that though. Bottom line was that he was horrible about his drugs and I tried for a long time to get him to stop. To make a long story short...After begging him to stop and telling him that the next ER visit ment my leaving he called me one day from the ER to tell me he had blown holes in his lungs from doing crack. I hung up the phone and left before he even got back. I never saw again and filed for uncontested divorce. He called me one time when our daughter was six and the following year his mother called me to tell me that he had gotten himself into a situation and ended up killing himself. I know I havn't told the story but I totally blame the horror of his life and death on his mother. I also wish every day that I had had it in me to fight harder for him. My advise to you is if you love your husband stick to your guns, don't back down when it comes to pushing him to recover.

Best of luck to you both and I will keep you, your husband and children in my thoughts and prayers
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!