View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
tbellhopkins
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Some advice needed.

I really don't know where to start... Let's see....My family and I have stayed in contact with the breeder from whom we got Chuy, so much so that my hubby is getting his website updated (the woman doing it died) and he's teaching me things about breeding and such. Well, Kenneth (the breeder) has had a huge family emergency pop up, and he's had to leave town. His mother (with 40 years of breeding experience herself) is there with the dogs, but she is homebound. He's asked me to help her out as she's got a litter of Morkies just about ready for their forever homes, and a litter of Yorkies due December 2-5 (somewhere in there). God willing, he'll be home by then. Until, though, he gave me some quick instructions, but I'm curious as to how to handle things.

How are forever homes found? I mean, I kinda stumbled on him two years ago, but he has a new website addy. Is there a general location you guys advertise? Newpapers? Magazines? What do you look for on adoption applications? What type of questions do you ask people interested in your babies? I want to get into breeding myself in a couple years, but as I don't even have a female, I can only read on the process. Placement was not something I was planning on learning quite this early, lol. I sorta feel as though I've bitten off more than I can chew. I mean, I want to help out, and as his mom is older, I know she needs all the help she can get, but I don't want to do the wrong thing. Does that make sense? Perhaps I am rambling, but if you guys can offer any advice, please, let me know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!