View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
KodysMom
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Update - BAT next steps

Hi Everyone - This was my original post...

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98741

I wanted to let everyone know that I took my dog to NC State for further testing.

There was no evidence of anything wrong with any of his bloodwork, urinalysis, Doppler ultrasound, nuclear scintigraphy, etc.

So we are left with elevated bile acid (pre-40, post-65) and some diarrhea that we couldn't get under control (when weaned off of metronidozole).

So, we aren't sure if there is a liver issue (MVD) causing the diarrhea, the diarrhea is elevating his liver issues or they are unrelated.

Since my dog had NO liver symptoms, I opted not to have him biopsied (colon or liver)... I instead decided to give him the liver suppliments (denamarin) and not change the diet for liver reasons (instead to work on it to control the diarrhea issues). Of course he is AWFUL with the pills - and they can't be crushed so I am taking him to the vet every day to have them give the pills. And we have a plan for controlling the diarrhea.

Anyway - just wanted to let everyone know that a BAT is a good thing and unfortunately, I don't have a final answer on what the issue is but did eliminate a shunt (which was a great thing for my two pound dog to prove everyone wrong who thought b/c of his small size there MUST be a shunt). NC State was a GREAT place and I highly recommend anyone to go there. We had a great experience.

KodysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!