View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
kathy785
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemepretty View Post
I don't know anything about this breeder and it's not a Biewer but have you seen how cute Parti yorkies are? I noticed Biewers tend to run larger than yorkies(or maybe it's just that their hair is more fluffy making them appear larger?) Anyway, I came across this adorable male on a site and thought he was so darn cute! His name is Halo:
http://www.yorky4you.com/parti.html
The Biewers come in the sizes that the standard Yorkies come in. I have a 3 pound female (spayed) and had a 12 pound male (neutered and lives with Yorkiekids now). The size standard for the Biewers is the same as it is for the traditional Yorkies 4-7 pounds. Of course there are ones above and below the standard. Unfortunately, there are way too many people breeding traditional Yorkies to be below standard weight. Hopefully the Biewers won't have breeders that go that route. I think it is just WRONG to breed for the tiny size. I had one woman tell me that my 3 pound girl would have been fine to use for a breeder and another woman tell me that at least my dogs throw small sizes (I have a litter with babies at 9 weeks weighing 14 oz to 2 1/2 pounds). I let her know that I did not intentionally breed for the small boy, but it happened.
kathy785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!