View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
myyorkiesruleme
Yorkie Talker

Thanks for all the hints. They wouldn't eat the puppy formula so I went to some breeder sites and got a recipe I'm feeding

goats milk mixed with whole fat plain yogurt, a little karo syrup, sterilized water and egg yolks and I found human premie bottles and that is working really well.

We live in the Caribbean and don't tend to use air conditioning so the ambient room temperature stays around 83 but I also have them nestling on a hot water bottle lined with towels

I'm rubbing them so they do their business and I can get them to piddle but nothing else so far, they are 9 days old today and fortunately very fat and in excellent health, I wish I could say the same for Princess

We'll know more tomorrow on how long she has to be hospitalized but our vet is recommending that she not return to nursing full time may be just once or twice daily and the rest of the time we feed the puppies....all I care about is that Princess comes home and is back with us even one night without her is horrible.

Again thanks for all the tips and help and suggestions, what a nightmare to see her go through this!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!