View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #10
DENISE517
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybabyboymax View Post
I feel your pain, My daughter is 12 and she really is a good kid with the exception of her talking back at times and her attitude. I would tell her over and over to stop. My hubby gets just as angry as I do, so we both talk to her nothing worked. with my daughter it isnt so much that she talks back but her facial expressions. I tell her to wash dishes...she doesnt complain but she puts a face and stomps to do it....not cool! so i can tell u what i have done that worked for us...I gave her what she gives me. If I tell her to do something or ask her to help and she gives me attitude, for the whole day I treat her the same way. when she says mom...can I go online? I give her the same bad look and say NO. then i asked her how did she like it when I was nasty with her and she would tell me she felt bad, and now it has gotten soooooooo much better! she will notice that it doesnt feel good when someone gives you attitude for no reason. 12-15 is a really hard age for all of us...parents and kids. they are going through so many changes and we have to realize that. I dont think its right for them to act this way but I try to remember when I was a teenager and how I was. except my mom was alot harder than me.

oh yes!!! the good old facial expressions then when you get on to them, they says, I didnt do anything. grrrr

her only duties is to keep her room clean and empty the dish washer after i load it....THAT IS IT. and guess what... I have to remind her to clean her room and to empty the dish washer...

grrrrrr sorry i'm just venting!!!! i knew you guys would listen. ahahahah
DENISE517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!