View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #15
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanair27 View Post
I work the desk of a hotel,and ya talk about some rude people! It seems the richer they are,the more rude they get. The things some people will do to get just $10 off their bill or a free room. It can truly become a real challenge to keep my mouth shut sometimes. The killem with kindness rule seems to work like a charm most of the time LOL! One time this guy and his wife came in and were complaining their rate was more walking into the hotel than it was if they had booked it online.They were very mean and wanted me to call the manager over a difference of $4.34 and they had a line of people behind them. Well, I called the manager and spoke very loudly,explaining these people were upset and I didnt think they had the money to pay the $4.34 difference,could we take down the rate a bit. Of course my manager said no,they would have had to book it online. So, I then made a very generous offer to pay the difference out of my pocket if they didnt have the money, lol. Everyone hearing this in the lobby,these people declined, turned every shade of red possible,went ahead and paid the $4.34 and if looks could have killed I would have def been dead on the spot. But I bet ya one thing, they wont argue and treat another desk clerk dirty.

LOL that's great!
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!