View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Baby-Girl
Yorkie Talker

Unlove Please Help with Izzy's Problem

My yorkshire terrier Izzy has been having problems over the past week or so and now I am beginning to get really worried. She keeps licking her tongue out and in, while pushing her head forward like she is having problems. It seems that when she is licking her tongue out she is trying to urge or get her breath. I am wondering if maybe she has something stuck in her throat, but she is eating and drinking well and not vomiting any and seems fine otherwise. When she is playing she starts to cough, but within a few minutes she seems fine again. She also do not play as agressive as before and it takes very little play to get her coughing. However, the cough sounds croupy/sharp and different from an ordinary cough. I am wondering if maybe she got something stuck in her throat or if it is a sign of "kennel cough" or URI. She is not usually around any other animals, but several months ago, she did go to a new groomer and there were other dogs there. I have tried to get her to vomit but to no avail. I would really like to hear from you guys with any information from your experiences. Looking forward so very much in hearing from you.
Baby-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!