View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
momofreese
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Please give me directions on a PRIMAL RAW DIET

Hi Everyone:

I too have decided on a raw diet but have decided to use Primal frozen chicken nuggets. The shop where I purchased it from was very vague about how much and what to mix it with. I have read on the back of the bag that a yorkie weighing about 8 lbs should be given approximately 1 1/2 nuggets per day, per feeding. She is a little overweight and I want to make sure that with this new diet she will not gain even more weight. She had been on Hills Reduced diet canned food, getting about 1/4 to 1/3 of a 12 oz can twice daily.

I wanted to know if I should add anything else.. it seems so little for my yorkie. I had also bought Dr. Harveys dehydrated vegetables/rice which I was told to give her about 2 ozs per feeding.

Since her breath is pretty horrible I am also giving her organic plain yogurt twice daily about a teaspoon. This is supposed to help her digestive system and hopefully give her better breath.. her breath is horrible.

Would someone please give me better instructions and if you know of better foods to add to this primal chicken please let me know. So far her stomach has been doing fine. Tonight was the first night in about one week that I gave her the raw without her old canned reduced diet food.

My next question is about her teeth. Since her breath is so terrible I was wondering if they can be infected. I had been using this spray that was supposed to eliminate the tartar build up.. it seemed to be working but not on her breath. Tonight I also noticed that when I brush her teeth.. she was bleeding from above one of her teeth.. on the gum. Does this in fact mean that she has an infection?

Sorry for the double question.. just trying to really stay on top of her health since I was busy helping my terminally ill dad and must admit that I had been lax with my yorkies health over the past 20 months.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I really need to get Reese back on the right track.
momofreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!