View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
lauraopi
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Question for raw feeders...

I started Reese on the premade Nature's Variety raw and am looking at eventually switching her over to home prepared raw...i have been looking at this "prey model" which constitutes 80% meat, 10%rmbs, and 10% organs (half of which is liver)...i am on another forum but a lot of the people have larger dogs... so i was wondering if any of you feed this model to your pups and how you do it. What kinds of meat do you use? Is it basically where you feed meat for every meal for a week and then 1 meal out of the week is rmb's and another is organs?? Or do you mix the organs with a meal? Another question is portioning the food. I know it is supposed to be a percentage of her body weight (6 1/2 lbs), but trying to figure out how to measure it out with regular meats and stuff is hard for me (guess I am a little "slow" ) How do you figure portion sizes and stuff?? Any other advice..i just feel in the long run I might go this way, but who knows. If Reese does well on the Nature's Variety and her itchies calm down I might keep her on it...just trying to educate myself as much as I can...Thanks!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!