View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
HanginOut
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I feel your pain. We are going to my parents for Christmas this year (the 1st time in 10 years) and told them I was bringing both of my dogs. Yes, I told them - didn't ask. A few weeks later my mom called with concerns about bringing my 7 month puppy. She doesn't want my pup to mess up her house. I explained the belly band and that I was sure he wouldn't mess in her house. She then told me she was concerned with all the family there that someone would step on him. I told her that was okay - I have a front pak that would be attached to me that he could stay in. She had no more excuses. I am the ONLY one in my family who has a love of pets. I grew up without any and so now I have 3 pets. It is so hard for my family to understand so if she refused to allow my yorkie pup and my 5 year old mix, then I just wouldn't go. I realize this is a little different than your situation since we are talking my mother vs. mother-in-law (my MIL has a maltese and would never have an issue with me bringing my dogs) but just know you aren't alone in your feelings. I am so sorry she asked you not to bring your baby. Maybe explaining to her that your furbaby is actually your child and you couldn't imaging leaving a baby in a cage for week might help her to understand your predicament.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!