View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default stud

I found only one solution that worked and made my life livable...we built on to our house so I would have plenty of space to separate my girls and boys...before that, I tried everything. Three weeks is a long time to keep dogs a part when skipping..even when breeding, I never allowed my males and females free run to breed as much as nature urged.

By the time I had 3 bitches, we were sick to death of no life 6 times per year. One time I had girls in season for 3 months straight, one came in as the otehr went out...no break. Having the proper place for breeding, rearing puppies made all the difference to me..you grow old long before your time.

A friend couldn't build on to her home , so she bought a wooden shed building...12x14...put in window AC, lights..and a small sitting area with TV. She had it constructed next to the kitchen door and made a covered walkway..Made it like a family room and her kids spent time watching TV there also..When her bitches were in season her two males went in the "stud" house...some may feel it is not for pets, but my Yorkies have always been pets and having separate areas worked perfectly for these times..sending them to friends and family got old fast, a week is not long enough...they must be gone at least 2 weeks. I was never at easy with my dogs away from me..too many get hurt or lost...
Good Luck
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!