View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #14
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Ugh! I feel so much compassion for you! Plus filling out applications is a _itch!

I hope some info from "The other side" can help you a little bit.

I worked as a receptionist for many years and I know that the ones that just drop-in, fill out an application and leave, hardly ever get called back for an interview.

The ones that do get interviews are the people who come and get an application
* takes it home to fill it out
* calls to make an appointment with one of the managers
* show up early for the appointment - Dressed appropriately
* has the application ready with a resume
* has a positive attitude
* email's a thank you the same day

Keep your head up! Sometimes life throws a curve ball at you. Keep knocking on doors and the job you want but didn't think you had a chance at will come calling!

You might want to have a resume and attach it to your application (even if you are a stay at home mom). Make sure you add a comment like:

* I'm a fast learner
* Look forward to new experiences and challenges

SIDE NOTE:
Being a receptionist has POWER! After each interview, the management would ask me what I thougt... Why? Many people don't behave the same in front of a lowly receptionist as they do during an interview. If the person is rude, demanding or anything negative to me, but "Turn-it-On" for the interview, they don't get called back. If they can't be pleasant to the receptionist where they are applying for a job, how are they going to treat our clients and vendors?
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!