View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #11
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKHenderson View Post
As far as what to look for... do they back up their pups with a health guarantee? vaccinations/deworming on schedule? are all the pups clean/healthy looking.. if you only see this pup (i.e. if they meet you somewhere with her) this may sound silly, but check the hair on the bottom of her feet.. you would be able to tell if she is kept in a clean environment or walks in feces. As far as the puppy goes, I would just want to make sure she has been well socialized and has a good disposition.
great tips!
also, check her ears and make sure they are clean. ask to see parents. ask how many other dogs they breed. i would shy away if they breed many. ask if the pup was kept in a cage or family raised. be sure to find out what foods they feed if you bring her home. you want to make any food changes slowly. you can always ask for vet references. i would even ask how many litters she has every year from this pups parents. this will help you know if they are mass breeding.

you can make the questions sound like you are just extremely interested in her program, or you can be forward and just tell her you are picky. either way, these are questions i would ask!

good luck she looks super cute!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!