Thread: Ahh!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
meglaulanmar
YT Addict

Default Poppy puppy

Ok... I have 3 dogs. I have a Min. Schnauzer (14yrs old), Boston Terrier (5yrs) and a Yorkie (1 1/2). My schnauzer never really house broke. She won't use it in a crate... or the house if she is on the same level as you... but if she sneaks to another room ...sometimes... but mostly another floor... she will use it everywhere. The Boston NEVER had accidents except when sick and really liked a litter box when tiny. The Yorkie has been interesting. She doesn't use it in her cage unless I am gone over 8hours.... which is rare. She sleeps w/ me every night unless dirty from muddy rainy days... and she never pees or poos my bed (FROM DAY !) BUT if she is in the shower (her bigger "pen" she uses it every time! So I got piddle pads for in there and she uses them everytime (but she pees down the drain... she even does that if she is running loose in the house). Then I put piddle pads in her 3 accident spots in the house... and she uses them. .... so much so she will go out...not use it....come in and use the piddle pad (darn it!) I can't figure out how to get her down to one piddle pad! I am going crazy because I can't have them out everywhere all the time!
Now... on the flip side... I broker puppies for a friend of mine 3 states away. I really just take 2 or 3 of hers at a time and sell them... helps me pay bills since my husband is battling cancer and I can't work. I always work on training right away (potty training anyway) and some are trained completely by 12 weeks! I think there is a variety of reasons for success or failure... like I don't spoil my transient babies as much... I try to stay as detatched as I can.... which is hard so not done well...lol... so I crate better than w/ my own. Also I think owners have to realize that at first they are trained....not the dog! lol
meglaulanmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!