Thread: Ahh!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
centrex
Yorkie Yakker

4 hour's Im sorry but did you take him out any in that 4 hour's? At 12 weeks old your puppy can only hold it a couple of hour'sat the most. And that depends on how much you feed and water them. Think of a baby, I dont know if you have any children. But when all 3 of mine where little it seemed like we would go through a diaper every 1-2 hours. Until they got about 6-7 months old. You think house breaking a puppy is hard to me its easier than potty training a child. At twelve weeks old I would feed and water 4 times a day (your puppy, not my children ). And take him outside every 30 min. Its discouraging that he has already messed in his "den" but not all is lost. Usually if you get a puppy from the pet store they will do this, because they had no other choice and have gotten used to it. So now what you have to do is leave him out of the "den" for longer periods, take him outside every 30 min. Regulate his feeding, and be consistent. In about a month you can start leaving him his crate longer but still take him out every 30 min. to potty. Dont expect much he's only 3 months old, for the next couple month he is in the stage of exploring and socializing. Once this is over he is ready to start training.
centrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!