View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Default Question on possible stud puppy

I am in the market to purchase a male to use as a stud for Lexie's future litters. The breeder I got her from will be having a litter in a couple of months sired by Bingo,the male we used as Lexie's stud this time...I was going to purchase a male from that litter (if there is one) because I am looking for a small (4lb range) male for our stud and figured the odds were good for that using a puppy from a litter sired by Bingo. But in thinking about it more, I realized that the mother of that upcoming litter (Princess) has the same father as Lexie. Is that a problem? So to get that straight...Lexie and Princess are NOT from the same litter...do NOT have the same mother...but DO have the same father. Somewhere in there, the male puppy (future stud) would be kind of related to Lexie!!???!! Is that bad, or is the relation far enough back to be okay? I don't want to take any chances on whatever problems (inbreeding?) can cause...yet it is done,purposely?, for good reasons too???? I'm confused and your advice would be greatly appreciated.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!