View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #7
jogi37
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Litter Trained

My Tini is litter trained. She was trained already when I got her from the breeder. The Second Nature dog litter and pan are what she uses. This is actually quite cool since she just goes to her litter box when ever she needs to go. This comes in really nice since you don't have to go out in the cold and snow late at night or early in the morning etc, she just goes there. She also has a pack and play where her bed is and where she goes when I am not home. She has her bed, food, water and litter box in there. I use this setup that the breeder recommended since I brought her home. It works great!
I have been really happy with her progress. She still has accidents, but not as much as she used to. I got her when she was 10 weeks and now she is just over 6 months old. There are issues with the litter though. It makes it a pain when you take her to visit others homes. I got a pack of disposable litter pans for this purpose at petsmart. They are made of some kind of really thick paper board product. Then I have to pack up her litter and her disposable litter boxes when we go to someones house. Once we get to the house, before I take her out of her travel crate, I setup her food and water and her litter box and show her where it is right away and then she knows where she is supposed to go.
Hope this is helpful!
Joanne
jogi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!