View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #41
dani23d
YT 500 Club Member

When she barks, use the pop can method: fill up an empty/clean pop can with pennies. When she barks, shake it...she might stop barking because it usually irritates them. IF she STOPS barking, give her LOTS of PRAISE (have a treat ready to give her).

When potty training, you can always teach her at any age how to pee/poop in the same place. If she makes an accident, bring her to where she should have went potty. If you can tell that she is ready to potty (watch for sniffing and walking around in circles), pick her up and rush her to the place you want her to go. You usually have to watch little puppies every single minute, which means you might not be doing so, and that might be a factor. If she goes in the correct place, give her lots of PRAISE again (treats!).

As for the rest of the behavioural issues, I recommend going to training/obedience class. The key is to show PRAISE when she does something good. Try not to 'punish' her in any way. Just be neutral when she does something wrong. The more praise she gets, she will quickly learn to do the same good thing everytime and soon you will have a wonderful little girl to love and cherish.

Good luck and I hope that she gets better and I really hope your hubby gets more sleep once there is improvement in the pup's temperament!

Last edited by dani23d; 11-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.
dani23d is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!