Thread: Cold Weather
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
TobyIIsMom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Cold Weather

Not sure if I should post this here, but its something I have been wondering now that its getting a lot colder. It might be a dumb question, but I was always told the only dumb question is the one not asked. So here goes, can yorkies get sick from being out in the cold with out proper attire? Can they get the flu or similiar ailments and such like humans during the winter months? Can they get frostbite?

The reason I ask these questions is that I have noticed that Toby starts to shiver after only being outside a few minutes lately since its regularly been down to the 40-50s. As the weather has changed, I have started putting him in shirts and coats to help him stop shivering but I don't think its enough. I don't really have anything that covers his butt or legs or head and I don't want him to get sick. So what I have been doing when I have to take him to the car from the house or from work is wrapping him in a blanket. But I want something that will keep him warm when we go on our walks as it gets colder. I mean this is just brink of how cold it can get around here. We usually hit the teens regularly by winter and I can't imagine how cold he'll be then if I can't find anything. I have seen boots but they don't seem to go far up his legs. What do you guys do in the winter for your furbabies to keep them warm? Do you stop taking them on walks? I would like to know what you guys do.

Also one possiblity I was thinking was that I could look for some baby sleepers or snow suits at goodwill and cut holes in the apporpriate areas.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!