View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
vms1177
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva pup
Do you know why Jack has diahrrea? Did he eat something that maybe upset his tummy? I would continue with the chicken and rice for now. It helps if you have an idea of why he may have the problem. Is he listless or acting fine otherwise? If he is eating and drinking water? Is he a new puppy? Did you switch his food or anything?
If he still has it in the am I would take him in the vets just due to his age alone. I would not rush into giving him the pepto tonite especially not knowing how much to give(JMO) but the pedialyte wouldn't hurt. Good luck, Dawn
He is not listless he has been quite active and playing with Mandy. He is eating like usual. I found an old thread and it had a link to a website that talk about how much pepto to give I gave him 1/2 of a 1/4 teaspoon and he licked that up and I gave him the electrolyte fluid he seemed to like that. No I did not change his food I have had him for almost a month now( he is 11 weeks). he is drinking. He had his 2nd series of shots last Thursday. But he has seemed fine until this morning. He had about 4 bouts of the Diarrhea today. I am going to watch him for a few hours and see if he does alright and I will call the vet in the morning. Thanks all for your help!! There is only one thing It could be yesterday when I got home. He wa tearing apart the foam underneath his bed There is lambswool like cover over it but it didnt cover the bottom completly so he decided to turn it upside down and shread it even though he was only in his crate for an hour with toys and Mandy. Do you think that may have caused it?? Thanks so much again guys
vms1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!