View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #30
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Once again you ladies are amazing!! THANK YOU not only for sharing your welath of knowledge but also for being so kind.

Ok marrow bones are a big NO NO, got it. They're off my "list of food to buy." I'll stick to rabbit meaty bones for right now. I think I'm going to start them off the first week with ground beef. I'll see how they adjust to just that one meat for about a week to a week and a half (depending on how they do) and then slowly each week add another meat to the mix. That should also help determine what Codie is truly allergic to. I'll start with beef, then add rabbit, then venison. If all of those meats agree with them (and Codie's allergies are in check), I'll try adding lamb. If that's good, then turkey and last chicken. I'll even give ground pork a try (hopefully it won't make them gassy lolol)

I didn't know that you should always freese the meat for 48 hours before thawing it and feeding them. Thanks for that tip!! I just wrote it on my instruction list (as you can probably tell, I have a lot of lists lolol)

As for the Vitamin E, I will definitely give it to them in addition to the grizzly salmon oil. Can one of you ladies please post a link to buy it on-line? I'm not sure if it needs to be in liquid form or what or even if there's a different type of Vitamin E for canines vs. humans.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!