View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
You are very right to be upset and I can't believe sometimes how ignorant people are. My concern would be that she could fall or jump so suddenly break her neck and get killed that way.
Walking on a lead on the sidewalk, enjoying an outing with your dog as we all like to do, maybe I can help give you some pointers. When someone approaches who looks like they could be friendly, shorten the lead so your Yorkie is right there with you. As you approach and if it looks like the stranger wants to stop and approach/chat whatever, pick up the puppy first before the stranger does. You are now in control. If the stranger wants to hold the puppy, be strong enough to say no. You don't need an excuse just a firm no.
You are lucky nothing happened AND you must be aware a dog snatching can happen just that fast. With your dog in her hands, a leash can be unsnapped or pulled out of your hand so fast.
Be cautious, anything can happen nowadays and often does because of the element of surprise.
I also never allow a stranger to give anything to any of my dogs out in public. You never know when some psycho could be out poisoning dogs.
Crazy world we live in.
Thanks Lorraine, excellent advice that i will take on board!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!