View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Default Really disgusted by what I saw!

I went to one of our local feed stores to buy a puppy shot. They have a room that they sell birds, cats, rabbits and puppies. It's a mom-and-pop's kind of place. Anyway, they ladies in the pets area have gotten to know me because I've always gone in just to play with the puppies.

Anyway, I asked about a yorkie that I heard they had. One lady told me that he was in the back in a seperate room. Mind you, all of the dog's cages are spotless! That is...TILL SHE TOOK ME TO THE BACK ROOM.

There were 5 week old Morkies...no mom. Schnauzer pups, 1 yorkie, a couple of pens of chihuahuas and one fat cat. I swear, those pens must have not been cleaned in a week. There was poop everywhere. Even the cat's litter pan was SO full of poop, you couldn't see the litter anymore.

She told me that there was another yorkie but he was in a different room. I didn't want to see anymore.

This is the mom-pop store that I've defended a couple of times here. I feel like such a fool. She told me that she just hadn't gotten around to cleaning their cages...yeah, I can see that! I am just disgusted with what I saw AND myself for believing that it was a good place.

True, they get their animals from local breeders but I agree. DO NOT BUY FROM PET STORES!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!