Thread: Preop Bloodwork
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #9
HanginOut
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I always do the blood work and I have now started yearly bloodwork just to keep an eye in their health.
What is included in the blood panel? I called my vet today about neutering and teeth removal and asked if they do blood panel before surgery. I was told that is not their normal procedure. I asked for an appointment to have the double teeth looked at as well as a blood panel done (prior to scheduling the actual surgery). I would like to be armed with knowledge before I meet with the vet next week. I am already planning to ask him several questions….what type of anesthesia does he use, how much will he give my baby?, how does he know how much to give…..will he use a trachea?, give any pain meds?, etc. If I am unsatisfied with any of the vet’s answers….I may travel 4 hrs to take him to his breeder’s vet. Don’t get me wrong, I really like my vet, but am just concerned because my baby is extra small and I just don’t want anything to happen him. Now having said all of that, what kind of knowledge can you wonderful folks give me that will prepare me to be able to really “interview” my vet?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it!
HanginOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!