View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #23
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

We had a house that was about 80% carpeted with almost white white carpet (my biggest mistake).....we didn't want to put up a sign for people to take their shoes off, be we NEVER had shoes on in the house and pretty much everyone just automatically took their shoes off at the door. All the people like utility/tech workers who came in are pretty well trained in this area to use booties when they enter a home so they usually bring their own. My suggestion to you is to go to a home improvement store and buy a big box of the booties. If people refuse to take their shoes off (some people are really funny about it...maybe they have dirty feet, or holes in their socks, I don't know), hand them a pair of booties. I would have NO problem telling someone who ignored that to leave. I don't tolerate disrespect in my own home for anyone or any reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blessing View Post
We have the same rule as your number 1 rule Joan.

Our number 2 rule is similiar to your number 2 rule, cept I do go a bit farther, I have a nice sign posted on our entry door to "PLEASE TAKE SHOES OFF BEFORE COMING IN, THANKS." Have a nice chair and rug right there for them to sit down and remove them. Friends and family are great, most all our friends feel the same as we do, it is the business establishments that don't care. Today it was our internet provider, tech said, "no, it was the company rule." I had to call them and let them know I have rules too. It doesn't take much for one to understand why we have this rule, all one has to do is think about it for a minute.

I know I am very fussy when it comes to the floors but I wouldn't be any other way for ourselves and our fur babies too

We appreciated when the tech. from Dish Network came out to do an installation the tech had the throw away booties, he put on over his shoes before coming in.

Patti and Jack and girls
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!