View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 AM   #13
s13silviagirl
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynS View Post
I am planning to learn to trim Romeo myself. LOL It took me 3 days to trim 6 nails. LOL. What a little worm. Any suggestions.
Turbo is a HUGE baby about nail trimming. I get the hubby to hold him like a baby and then I use the really small, scissor like nail trimmers to do his paws.

For trimming, there are others out here that can give better instructions, but since Turbo is in a long coat, I just use mustache trimmers ($11 or so at your wal mart) on his ears, half way down his ears coming to a "V" in the middle of his ear. Use them very carefully on the potty areas (in front where his belly hair gets hit by potty), and around his booty, but really carefully. For his paws, I just trim the excess hair to where it is flush with his pads. If it is getting yucky, then I do a little more in depth.

I take a good pair of hair shears, and trim his skirt even, and his legs (front by holding his leg straight in front and cutting at an angle away from his paws). Back legs I just make them look neat, and I leave his beard. Chest area gets trimmed with the belly hair and skirt.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!