Thread: ? About Weening
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
cacbeary
Senior Yorkie Talker

I agree it's time to ween. I thought the mama dog was jealous too. My Mom said she was protecting the dogs.

There is someone home with them all day long. My Mom is retired. But Mama dog is very, very spoiled & is the alpha dog over my Mom as well. Of course she thinks Mama dog is the best Mama dog & Mama dog knows best.

I wish we had a mentor. My aunt wanted a pup & I told them it was too risky as much as my Mom loved her dog. She did it anyway & the pups are adorable but she bit off way more than she can chew. My Mom says the pups don't even like the food & I told her she should feed them before a regular feeding and they will be hungry. They go to the vets on Thursday for their 6 week shots - maybe the vet can explain everything to her better.

She did get the dog spayed when she had the c-section, thank God we won't be going through this again. Maybe Mama dog will get bored with nursing? Their teeth are in.

But to me, she seems to snap & growl at the pups too much. I'm getting Hannah & as soon as she is weened, I want to get her out of there. What a mess. If she don't ween them, I may buy formula & just get Hannah out of there before she gets hurt. Right now, she's more gentle with Hannah but Moose she is really snapping at. I'm afraid the pups are going to get hurt.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!