View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #14
lara2913
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

My gosh, I am SHOCKED! What a terrible post, I understand your frustration but there is no need to speak so horribly about her. She is not stupid or mentally retarded she is a puppy who needs love, care and patience. Perhaps it would be best if you rehomed her to someone who was prepared to put the time and work into training her without using quick fixes.

Not being AKC registered doesn't make her stupid! Pedigrees are about lineage, health testing and producing puppies that meet the breed standard, not intelligence! Sounds to me as if she is seriously stressed by her crate, perhaps she has had bad experiences with it, get rid of it. Puppy proof your home moving things she can eat or chew out of her reach. Take her to go potty as soon as she wakes up, after a play session, after she eats, after she drinks and at least once an hour. When she goes in the right place, gently tell her good girl and give her a treat you know she really loves. When she barks, let her, wait until she is quiet and then say 'quiet' and treat her, do this over and over until she is getting it, eventually you will be able to gently tell her to be quiet and she will be. She will never learn to behave in your house if you don't give her the chance to succeed. Praise the good behavior, ignore the bad.

I guess the question you need to ask yourself is, are you right for this baby? Do you have the time, patience and love to train her? Can you be the owner that she deserves and needs so much?

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face- Ben Williams

Last edited by lara2913; 11-05-2007 at 11:42 AM.
lara2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!