View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter's Mama View Post
I know I have posted here before about behavioral issues with my now 11 month old female yorkie.

The issues that I am having with her have been ongoing since I got her at about 3 months of age. I am posting because I am now at my wit's end with this dog and I am really about ready to give up on her.

The first issue is potty training. She will pee and poop anywhere, even when I put puppy pads down. If I walk outside and don't take her with me she goes in my room and pees on my bed. I will let her out for a looong time and she comes back in and goes all over the place. Then when I leave her in ANY size crate she pees all over the place and soaks herself in it. She also has a thing about not wanting to poop in the grass, she poops on the porch instead. Also, if she thinks I am going to put her in her crate for the night or even if I so much as look at her the wrong way she pees all over herself or goes somewhere and pees out of spite.

The next issue is the barking and whining. I usually put her in the laundry room at night so she won't soak herself. She whines alllll night even after getting her a bark collar. She has figured out how to manipulate the collar so she can let out this really high pitched yelp.

The last issue is that she eats my daughter's poopy diapers. She will go dig them out of the trash and make an absolute MESS with them. It makes me sooo frustrated that she has to get a diaper of ALL things in the trash.

I don't understand these habits that she has developed and I have no idea what to do about them. She seems like she's just a stupid dog. Can dogs really be mentally retarted? My two year old male yorkie has never been this terrible about anything! Pleeeease help!!!!!!!!!!!
well i can only help with the crying and barking. PLEASE i beg you STOP using the bark collar, your pup is trying to tell you something and you are punishing her for that... Dogs are pack animals... so to put her alone in the laundry room is the opposite of what she wants. She doesnt' have to be in your bed... lol... but get a crate and it put in your room.... so she can see and hear you....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!