View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 AM   #5
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

I just brought home my rescue on Tuesday. I'll give you a breakdown of how it went.

Tuesday... Chip (my spoiled boy) was scared. He kept drooling everywhere and Smokey (rescue) wanted to play.

Wednesday... Chip gave me this pure look of betrayl... the look of "WHY MOMMY? WAS I NOT GOOD ENOUGH?!" I was so upset by him giving me that look I'd start crying just thinking about it. Chip started fighting for dominance and Smokey thought he was playing. lol

Thursday... Chip finally got Smokey to submit after a couple rough fights. Then they started play fighting and wrestling!

Chip still isn't too happy about him being there. Right now he "tolerates" him and will play with when he's in the mood. I was laying on the floor yesterday and Chip came over to give me kisses. Well Smokey wanted to give me kisses too and Chip spazzed. They have been starting to lay closer to each other when they are napping.

That's probably how it's going to go with you two. Your male is probably going to let her have it the first few days. As long as he's not actually hurting her, I would stop him. The rescue lady told us that if we as "parents" get involved, their issues as dogs between each other will never be solved. She said it's just like having two children. I hope this helps.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!