View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
littlelizzy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Mia's blood test was positive for liver abnormalities.

I had posted a thread earlier about my concerns with Mia not gaining weight. At 8 months she is less than 3 lbs. I know that does not seem that small, but she just seemed to thin to me. Backbone is very visible when she is wet and her ribs just seemed to stick out more than I thought they should. Also, anytime she ate anything other than her dry kibble, she would throw up. Treats, human food of any kind, even greenies, it all made her sick. After posting my earlier thread and getting some advice from you guys, I did take her into the vet for blood work today. My worst fears where true, her liver showed some abnormalities and they want her back in the morning for acid bile test. I had fasted her last night in hopes they would do the acid bile today, but they convinced me to do the blood panel first. (it would be nice if the vet would realize that we do know what we are talking about sometimes!!)
She has started thowing up again tonight, and now she is supposed to be fasting. Should I give her pedialite anyway or what? I am so worried and confused.
Needless to say, I am scared to death that it is going to be liver shunt.
If anyone has had any experience in this area, please give me some advice. I will update after her test tomorow.

Last edited by littlelizzy; 07-19-2005 at 06:25 PM.
littlelizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!