View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
LoveMyJake
I love Jackson too!
Donating Member

We just introduced our very spoiled yorkie male (Jake, who is a mama's boy) to a new little brother (Jackson). It has been hard at times because they are both jealous of each other, but they are getting along great and have so much fun playing together.

As long as you make sure you pay the same amount of attention to both (not always easy, I know), it should be okay. It took mine a couple days to "like" each other. Jake would not let Jackson lay with him or near him for awhile, but now they nap together and are pretty much inseparable. Jake was mad at me for the first couple days, wouldn't have anything to do with me. I just didn't make a big deal out of it to him (although I felt horrible). Eventually, everything as fell right into place, and they are adjusting really well.

Try to make sure to have some alone time with Archie while the new baby is napping, or take him outside with just the two of you. He will soon see that you love both of them and that just because there's a new sister, he won't get any less love.

Good luck and congratulations!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!