View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

I cook a bag of boneless, skinless chicken tenders by quickly browning them in a couple tablespoons xtra virgin olive oil or seasme oil. When brown and while hot, I add about 1/2 cup ice water, quickly cover and simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until very tender. I then add about 5-6 cups more water and simmer a while longer [10-15 minutes]. I drain off the broth and strain it. I freeze the broth in ice trays and seal the cubes in Food Saver bags ... also after the tenders are frozen I also seal them ... a half dozen or so per bag. When I get ready to feed Toto, I finely chop about 1/3 - 1/2 chicken tender, add about 1 teaspoon mashed carrots, 1 teaspoon mashed green beans and a couple tablespoons broth. I add this mixture to about 1 tablespoon re-hydrated Force [from the Honest Kitchen] and she loves it!! I give her this for breakfast, about lunchtime she gets about a tablespoon Innova Small Bites kibble and when we have our dinner she gets another tablespoon. Around 6-7 PM she dances for us and gets a dehydrated chicken tender [kinda like jerky] and that's pretty much what our baby eats! Didn't mean to make this so long but we are very proud of her health!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!