View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
mmyorkies
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy's Mom
Thank you for the response, vet did bil acid and came back negative all clear, x-rays show normal liver size and they say it is heretitary and the breeder has parents and grandparents. My confusion is they said bil acid not always accurate and are doing a 7 panel test today. I am frustrated that every time we eliminate the liver they go back to it. Thanks for the input you are all wonderfull and truly helping!
If your vets did the bile acid and it came back normal for yorkie readings under 25, than I feel postive that there is not a shunt. There has never been a liver shunt victim that I know of that has not had abnormal bile acid readings, and I am on a list that specializes in the Livershunt problems. I also have a liver shunt survivor and know what they go through. Liver shunt can also sikp one or two generations so having the parents do not mean that the line is clear, but your girl appears to have some other problem. It may just be a lot of stress realted problems right now, since she was brought into a new home, with strange people and taken away from everything that was familar to her. Did your breeder send her with anything like a blanket or toy that would have all the familiar smells of her birth place with her. It does make the transition easier on the puppies, and causes less stress for them. The lady I sold one of my puppies to brings back the blanket I sent with her every time she brings the pup back to be groomed so that it renews the smells that Lucee is familiar with, her litter mates, and her pack.
mmyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!