View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
jshowe
Yorkie Yakker

Exclamation Potty problems with 3-yr old...

I am having the worst time with our three year old yorkie, Roxie. She came to us when she was 2-yrs old so we have only had her a year. We now have gotten a little guy, Max, who is about 15 weeks old. Roxie has been litter trained and she will also go outside - usually just to poop but she will pee outside at times as well.

Here is my dilemma. Roxie had pretty much run of the house up until recently when we noticed she had been using our white carpet as her "litter box" - even though she had access to her box. We then decided to confine her to a smaller area - bedroom with a little hallway, as well as access to the litter box - and she still used anything else BUT the litter box. Now most of the time this was happening while we were out of the house. So, we decided to crate her and see what happened. That worked fine, but now she has decided to STILL continue to use anywhere in the house to pee, even while we are home. I put her outside and/or put her in the litter box upon returning home and she will come inside and still pee in the house. She has gone so far as to pee right in front of the litter box but not in it.

She has had a hard time adjusting to the new little guy but she has been trying in her own way to work that out. I wondered if she was retaliating or just being this way because she was put-out about the new addition to the family. I am about at my wits end. I don't have a clue as to what to do...I can't keep her locked in her crate all the time - its obvious she still finds ways to potty around the house and it bothers me that she does this while we are home and she doesn't ask to go out or even try to use her box.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is really very frustrating.

THANKS for any advice !
jshowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!