View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
Pebbles and Me
Yorkie Yakker

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My yorkie is 8 weeks old yesterday and she has been going through the same problems as you and i have only had her a week. She is tiny. She is only 8 ounces. The first day I brought her home she wimpered a little bit I brought her to the vet the following day 02/02/05 and he said she was perfect checked her fecal sample and she received a clean bill of health. Well he put some revolution for puppies on her, and i brought her home and about 2-3 hrs later she was throwing up repeatedly, not eating or drinking. I started to get worried so I brought her back up to the vet. They checked for parasites again still negative, they gave her a shot to calm down her tummy but still she was throwing up. They gave me some a/d to try to feed her she didnt really like it though. Well about 7 the next moring i woke up to her whimpering(she sleeps with me) Her head flopped back she wouldnt eat and her pee was NEON yellow. I knew she was dehydrated and poss. hypoglocemic(sp) rushed her to the vet and she was. I left her with them and they immediately started giving her fluids, she hasnt throwing up since Friday. I give her Nutri-cal a couple times a day, feed her i/d with water out of a syringe she takes that fine plus I give her pedialyte and they have her on amoxidrops. Finally a few days ago they diagnosed her with giardia and coccidosis. You should have your vet check for those they checked her 3-4 times then FINALLY it showed up she is finally starting to do better. I dont have her back with me but i really think you should have them retest him for that. Good luck right back
Pebbles and Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!