View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Gizzy's Mom
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy New puppy-hospitalized blood sugar? HELP!

Anyone who can help, I truly need advice right now! Friday Feb 4th, I flew to Nebraska from California and picked up my new baby, Gizmo male yorkie 14 weeks 1.7lbs, I was in love way before we touched. All was great flew home very calm played, loved and bonded. At 3 a.m. that evening began vomitting and again at 5:45, gave nutrical and water offered food, rushed to emergency at 6 a.m. and as of today Wednesday still there. Gizmo came from a breeder was weaned at 12 weeks, picky eater only a/d and nutrical night and morning. Hospital has done, parvo, fecal, blood test liver and x-rays all clear, diagnosis respitory infection and anirexia coupled with stress of flight. Goal keep on antibotics and sugar drip and wean from sugar and introduce food, much brighter doing well.
As of last night bad news, he can not maintain his own blood sugar level, now the vets are going BACK TO THE LIVER. Breeder has grandparents and parents, no liver problems, x-rays showed normal size and no damage, apparently if there is a livershunt the liver is smaller. I am so up and down on this roller coaster, you see 12 hours together and 4 weeks of waiting I am bonded to him he is everything in personality, love and looks I wanted. My questions are any ideas from anyone? The hospital is insisting that if he needed nutrical he was not well before I got him, yet everything I have read under 2 lbs it is almost a necessity for them. How hard do I push here? Thanks to all for listening.

Last edited by Gizzy's Mom; 02-09-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Gizzy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!