View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
You shouldnt be giving those every year - only every three years now

I'm glad to see this thread; I am getting ready (I THINK) to take Max for his shots and he's due according to his card they sent for Distemper,Parainfluenza, Adenovirus, Caronavirus; Bordatella, a fecal exam, (and I want him to have the heartworm test b/c I want to get him started on the meds ...we supposedly don't have any heartworm here, but they say if I am going to take him other places, he should be on it before we go?).

So, are you saying that the shots he got last year should last him for 3 years? Or that they make a different concentration of the shots that last longer than the ones Max got? I've heard people saying they don't need and shouldn't get the Bordatella. I'm not sure now what he should get or when! He's not really around other dogs very much, we don't go to any dog parks and the only time he's around others is when I take him to be groomed (and everybody's dog there looks pretty well cared for, so I expect that they're all current on their vaccinations. The groomer's has a notice saying that all dogs should be current anyhow). The other question I have is when Max has his heartworm test, I know you can buy the heartworm meds thru the mail or the internet; do you need a prescription for them, and do the vets get miffed that you're not buying your meds thru them?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!