View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Ida
YT Addict

Default Beloved Yorkie returned after 2 wks.

Not sure if this was already posted - Love sharing GOOD News.

(Bronx - WABC, October 31, 2007) - A beloved yorkie was found Wednesday, more than two weeks after his owner offered a vacation to Orlando to find the lost pup.

Related Links
Click: Eyewitness News Video on Demand
Get Desktop Alerts
Get Email Alerts
Susan Roberti, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center, says 15-year-old Mikey went missing from her fenced-in yard on October 12 just before 7:00 p.m.

The 39-year-old Roberti received two phone calls today after several people, who had seen flyers around town, saw the little dog running on Young Avenue just after noon.

Authorities say one person grabbed him while the other went to a laundromat to retreive a poster up on the wall.

Roberti had said that the pooch was worth much more than her annual vacation to Orlando, but said she offered the trip since she didn't have a lot of cash for a reward.

"I wish I could give a million dollars, but I don't have that," Roberti said two weeks ago.

After Mikey's disappearance, Roberti said she lost her appetite and had sleepless nights. She even posted 3,000 flyers throughout the Bronx.

The dog has a special chip implanted under his skin and his ID can be checked at any vet with a scanning device. Officials say that chip was confirmed.

Roberti says she has the names and phone numbers of all those invovled in returning Mikey. As of now, it is unclear how the reward shakes out, since there are as many as three recipients.
Ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!