View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #14
ItsyBitsy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I guess it really does depend on the individual trainer.
I went to my first puppy class yesterday, and I'm not exactly thrilled with the trainer. She has a lot of experience with big dogs and also breeds dobermans. She gave a long lecture on the importance of not letting your pets sleep with you or on furniture. She then asked the class how many let their dog sleep with them, and of course I raised my hand. She was about to say something to me about that, but I just told her that Bitsy sleeping with me is NOT going to change so she might as well save her breath.

She then asked how many dogs do their business inside, and again, here I am, the BAD one. Bitsy goes on washable pee pads and outside. Half the the time she pees inside, the other half is outside. She hasn't had an accident in a month (and she's only 17 weeks) so she's doing fine. I cannot have her just do her business outside because I live in an apartment building and there's no way I'm walking outside by myself at 11 pm at night.

Then the trainer told a story of owners who carry their "pocket pooches" around and how aggressive these dogs are and how the they have a tendancy to bite, blah blah blah and she looked right at me while she was telling this story.

The trainer has some sort of bias towards small dogs, and I know she's not too thrilled with me, and neither am I with her. I'm not one to give up and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I will try at least 1 more class before I take my business elsewhere.
ItsyBitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!