View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #7
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminichan View Post
Do you only feed Lucy raw meat only? The nature's variety? Where did you get the group up bones? Do you think feeding only the Merrick flossies is good enough and could sub. bones? oh also, what do you think of pet insurance? I know you are in vet school now..just wonder your point of view on pet insurance? thanks!
Yes, she eats the raw medallions by nature's variety. They are premixed with the correct ratio of meat, bones, and organs. The bones are ground up in it. I've given her a raw chicken neck a couple of times and she seemed to really like them and did fine with them. I think bully stix and flossies help somewhat but probably aren't as good as a real bone. I do give Lacy bully stix to chew on. I also brush her teeth once a week when i bathe her.

I don't know a lot about pet insurance. I looked into one once and thought about getting it because it said it would pay 80% of the cost...but then I saw that was after a $75 deductible. I didn't think it was worth it for me because we normally just go in for routine visits - once for a bladder infection that did cost a few hundred dollars so I guess it would have been nice then. And defiinitely good if you normally spend quite a bit when you go to the vet. And I don't have a lot of extra money being in vet school so I don't want to have to be making monthly payments on something.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!