View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default Kirby isn't improving

Poor Kirby...my daughter's dog and also Maddie's brother. He has a ruptured disc in his back and this has gone on now, for about 3 weeks. He's on so many meds I have to wonder just how much of this his little body can take. He can't walk well because back legs are partially paralyzed and we are to only let him walk when we take him out to potty. We have to keep him in a cat crate so there is not room for movement. Right now, I went to take him out and he's turned in there and I can't get him out. Just gave him more meds and I hope that that helps so that he can move into a more comfy position. The vet says there's a good chance he can recover, but I can't help feel discouraged since we have seen no improvement. His backbone sticks out so far in the area where the bad disc is. This is all just breaking my heart. Please say prayers for Kirby...he's such a little sweetheart. My daughter told me today they are giving it 2 weeks. It is so hard seeing him suffer and so incapacitated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!